Coronavirus (Covid-19): Measures and Procedures for our Customers
Please read the following company updates before visiting or travelling with us.
Visiting our office
- Please do not visit our office if you have symptoms of the Coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has.
- Masks should be worn in the office; dependant on changing government guidance and /or stipulations.
- If you are visiting our office please wait outside until instructed to enter, paying attention to social distance signs/markings and waiting where it is safe to do so.
- Please refrain from touching any surfaces.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering the office.
- A temperature check may be taken before entering the office.
- No food, drink or chewing gum is to be consumed in the office.
- The customer toilet door should be left propped open when not in use to increase ventilation.
- Wash/sanitise your hands when you enter/exit the room.
- Wash/sanitise your hands before/after you use the toilet.
- Paper towel should be disposed of in the bin to avoid cross contamination.
- Please maintain a social distance if the toilet is occupied until vacant.
- Please remember to take all possessions and PPE with you when you leave.
Travelling on our vehicles
- A passenger manifest form will be provided; this should be completed and returned to the office or via email before travel.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms of the Coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has.
- Passengers should monitor their own health and general wellbeing and should seek current medical/government guidance.
- A driver may refuse to board a passenger if they are displaying symptoms of the Coronavirus.
- Drivers may refuse to board a passenger/group if they do not feel safe or are threatened. Situations include but are not restricted to; being deliberately coughed on, spat on and touched or social distancing is deliberately ignored.
- Group leaders will be informed if their party have come into contact with a driver who has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus.
- Having used our service, should a passenger later display symptoms, we would ask they contact our office so we are able to inform employees that they have been in close proximity to.
- Face masks are mandatory and passengers will need to provide their own.
- Masks must be worn on board the vehicle throughout the length of your journey unless stipulated.
- If passengers fail to provide their own masks a disposable one may be provided for a fee, where available.
- Please ensure coinage given to the driver is sanitised. Any payments being collected by the driver should be presented in an envelope to be checked. Preferably the booking total should be made by card/bacs transfer the week before your journey, where applicable.
- When possible wash/sanitise your hands frequently and avoid touching your face and/or mask.
- Passengers should wait patiently and maintain a social distance from the driver, other passengers and members of the public before boarding.
- If passengers are carrying luggage this should be sanitised before travel.
- Passengers will be instructed to leave their luggage with the driver at the rear of the vehicle while maintaining a social distance.
- Passengers are not permitted to load/unload their own luggage.
- Passengers will be instructed to board and occupy seats to the rear of the vehicle first to minimise contact.
- Passengers are advised to stay within their ‘bubble’ group, if applicable.
- Hand sanitiser should be used as passengers board the vehicle.
- Passengers are not permitted to consume food and drink on the vehicle; dependant on health/medical reasons.
- Chewing gum is prohibited.
- Government guidelines advise transport companies not to use air-conditioning and heating unless it is safe to do so. Passengers are encouraged to open windows for ventilation, weather permitting.
- Passengers should avoid loud talking, shouting or singing.
- Passengers should remain seated until the driver instructs you to disembark the vehicle.
- Passengers seated at the front will alight first; other passengers should remain seated to avoid blocking the aisle or being in close proximity to others.
- Passengers are advised to remove all personal belongings and PPE.
- For My Local Flyer passengers only; please ensure your membership card is sanitised before travel as the driver may need to handle it.
- For My Local Flyer passengers only; are encouraged to provide and wear disposable gloves. In order to run the service on schedule the vehicle may not be sanitised during the timetable.
- Our drivers are provided with our Covid-19 company policy, regarding our safety measures and procedures, driver and customer policy.
- Our drivers are provided with PPE.
- Our drivers are temperature checked using a Non-Contact Forehead IR Thermometer before every shift.
- Our vehicles are disinfected at the end of every day using fogging technology.
- Our vehicles are inspected and disinfected at the beginning and end of a shift, in-between driver change over, the vehicles are ventilated during these times. This is in addition to standard cleaning procedures.
- Our drivers are equipped with cleaning materials on every vehicle and spare PPE.
When you have read and agreed to Avon Coaches (Essex) Ltd Coronavirus Measures and Procedures for our Customers, Fill Out the below form acknowledging you have read and agree to the above terms and conditions.